Friday, March 23, 2012

I Get Craftsy When I'm Nervous

So we moved.  And moving is stressful.  No matter how organized or well-planned or easy (and this one was easy) it's still stressful.  I've even got the stress acne to prove it.

It's been wonderful at the new place, but as part of getting settled in, I've noticed myself producing a flurry of new recipes for everything under the sun.  I tried making yogurt.  That didn't work.  I've got two different times of homemade air-spray room fresheners stewing.  I made a kitty-litter air freshener out of lime flesh and salt.  I made beet hummus ( try it, it's heavenly.)  I made parmesan flax seed crackers to go with it.  And that was just yesterday.  I also made zucchini slices with pizza sauce and toppings spread over them.  Ate the last of that this morning.  I made salsa.  I'm growing scallions in my mother-in-law's window.  I made... something else.  I don't remember what.

We got seeds in the mail, so I'm probably going to go through those and figure out how much space each plant will need in our garden and how many of each plant to grow.  I think I want an indoor tomato plant, too, because I want to eat fresh tomatoes all winter, too.  Hopefully the scallions grow.

Maybe I should start knitting?  I saw a beautiful diy fire pit that I could totally make for perhaps $30.  Of course, before I do any of that, I really, seriously want to build my composting toilet.  Seriously, I want this thing.  Bad.

Right now, though, as I've run out of funds for the time being.  So... that's that for now.


P.S. Finally got some pictures up.  The first one is me draining my vanilla clove air freshener through a coffee filter.  I later ended up spraying this stuff into my hair to make it smell pretty.  It's awesome. :)




This second picture is both my air fresheners sitting in jars.  The one on the right is a citrus vodka mix that's still steeping.  (It started out smelling like vodka and ended up smelling like oranges.)  The one on the left is the vanilla clove.  I don't think the picture does it justice.  It came out as this beautiful amber liquid that shone very prettily in the morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment