Monday, March 19, 2012

"...and that was when I realized I was a hippie." Part II

So, things have lulled.  We aren't lost in the whirlwind of moving.

Yesterday, we dug up some bamboo that had managed to form a little patch in the ditch across the road.  The ground was rocky, but I think we got a few decent root balls.  I've got some in a planter next to the trailer with a little solar lantern hanging next to it.  It's pretty, and it makes our little husk of a trailer seem homey.  It only takes one potted plant to feel home. LOL

My fiance made me this wonderful vegetarian dish for supper yesterday, because he's fasting and I've had too much meat lately.  In fact, lately, I've been reading up on raw food meals.  They just look good to me.

When I went to brush my teeth, I realized that I've been brushing my teeth with neem paste instead of regular toothpaste.  After reading up on soapnuts/soapberries I looked up a website where I can order seeds to plant a few of these.  Because I want to wash my clothes with golden berries.  It might be a bad idea.  For all I know the berries are even more toxic than the shit they put in detergent... yeah, right.  Who am I kidding?

I'd like to make some castille soap, but that's going to probably be a later project.  For today I'm going to make seasoned roasted cauliflower for my fiance and figure out what I want to do with myself in this new place.  I need to make yogurt soon.  So, if I've got enough money to buy both cauliflower and a gallon of milk, we might have some good yogurt soon.  So long as I can find a place to let the bacteria grow.

I guess I'll take a portion of today and go through all our packed-up belongings and start putting things in a donation pile.

And I need to exercise today...

Anyway, this is probably a very confused post.  The title refers to the fact that I'm once again noticing how very unconventionaly my life's become.  I'm very happy, but I wonder at just how very far I've strayed from "normal".  It's been so many little changes.

What would normal people think of a woman who washes her hair with apple cider vinegar, hates wearing makeup, prefers raw food to good ol' steak and potatoes, plans to build herself a composting toilet, wants to grow most of her food in the field next to her in-laws' house, and plans to give up most of her earthly belongings and live in a 17x8 trailer?

Have I gotten weird yet, or am I still halfway between here and there?  Does it matter?  I didn't do any of this to challenge society.  I did it because it seemed right for me.  It seemed right to my fiance, too.  Either that or he's just a very supportive, loving partner.  LOL.  Either way.  It's all good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment