Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Been Away Awhile

I haven't posted in forever.  And, hey, there's a new layout!

I haven't posted lately because this blog was, until today, called "Life After Stripping."  Well that didn't happen.  It was also about "going off-grid".  Yeah, that didn't happen either.

In fact, one might say a whole list of things I planned to happen didn't happen.  Either because I trusted the wrong people or... no, mostly because I trusted the wrong people.

It happens.  I've spent my life refining the careful skill of trusting the wrong people.  I would claim to be a master of the art, but I've seen some of the people my coworkers trust.  For example:

"The cops are calling me because my boyfriend borrowed my car out to a friend of his who used it as a getaway car in a robbery-- all while I was out of town!  Now I need an effing lawyer!"  If you hear someone screaming this in the changing room at work, you know you're a stripper. :)

Or any time I go back to fix my hair and find a girl in tears because, "My baby-daddy just <insert outrageously crazy, stupid, careless, reckless and destructive thing here> and I don't know what to do!"

So, yeah.  I'd say I'm a pro at trusting the wrong people, but I know other people who show me what a true novice I really am.  For example, after getting thrown out of our apartment and spending a couple nights in a hotel, my then-fiance (now husband) and I decided to place our trust in some really wonderful friends who gave us a place to stay for a whole month until our next apartment was ready.  A true pro at trusting the wrong people would have gone to stay with someone who would have:

A.) Stolen their belongings, then denied it.
B.) Sold them into sex slavery for drugs.
C.) Raped them, then stolen their belongings, then sold them into sex slavery for drugs.  Then denied it-- to the cops who came asking questions later.

So, obviously, I'm not too much of a pro at trusting the wrong people.  I get it right about half the time, and I suppose I've done pretty good at trusting the right people where it's really important.  I have a husband whom I love and trust completely.  I have very good friends that I trust as well.  These are good things.

Anyway, we stayed at their place for a month, then moved into our new apartment.  It is from this new apartment that I now write.  Obviously, I'm back to stripping.  I've lost a bit of weight, which is never a bad thing.  I've published a second novel, and I'm working my way through a third.  (And a fourth...)  I'm not sure anyone actually reads these things, but I keep putting them out anyway.

I think that more or less covers what I've been doing in the time since my last post.  That, and getting married.  Did that.  Beautiful ceremony.  Everything was perfect, which really surprised me because you always hear that several things always go wrong somewhere in the process of getting married.

I always promised myself I'd stop dancing when I got married, but practical considerations kind of got in the way of that.  We could live on my husband's salary.  But if we did, he wouldn't be able to pursue other business interests, and we wouldn't see as much of each other.  And hey, we're newlyweds.  We want to see a lot of each other.

What else...?  The piece of property we bought was a scam.  (Trusting the wrong people...)  Or maybe it wasn't a scam, but there was a huge "problem" with the paperwork.  Which is just as well.  We're here and I'm not driving 3 hours just to get to work and back.

Still dreaming of that house that I'm gonna build.  It's just a way off.  A long way.  And I'm not complaining.  I have a wonderful husband.  I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach.  I even have my novels, though I'm not sure anyone's going to read those...

Future Goals: Going to start a youtube channel and put up amusing videos about stripping.  I can't do this now because I'm a little under the weather, but as soon as I'm all fixed up, this is going to happen.  Wish me luck. :)

1 comment: