Sunday, April 8, 2012

More Chickens

Happy Easter everybody! :)

So, yesterday morning, I went out and bought six more chicks of indeterminate genders in the hope of getting a rooster in the mix.  So we now have two red, two black and five blonde chicks.  My mother-in-law's chicks are one red, one black and two blonde with black spots.  The garage is filled with the cheeping peeps of many tiny critters.

The cats are scared of them.  My poor babies.

Anyway, I have pictures all over my Flickr account, for those who are interested in seeing them.  (Click the slideshow in the upper right hand corner.)

And I'll add a picture here while I'm at it.
Isn't he/she adorable?  I actually can't wait till they get bigger and we can keep them in the coop out-doors.  If they live that long, then I know that I'm considerably less likely to make a mistake that will get them all killed.

Anyway, wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment