Thursday, February 21, 2013

A bit bruised...

So, I worked for the last three days.  Got some good stretching in.  Got so good and sore and tired I couldn't lift myself up on the pole anymore.  Which is why I'm taking today off.

Bought new shoes.  My old shoes-- veterans of three years of my abuse-- shattered onstage when I landed on them after dropping off the pole.  Poor shoes.

My left leg is covered in bruises.  Fell down while leaning on a chair and tying my backup shoes onto my feet.  This gal rushed past and I think she bumped the chair because it wobbled and I dropped.  There's a red line following the indent of the tile flooring I landed on.  The rest is just purple.

I'm a little tired.  The first day I made exactly zero dollars.  I didn't loose money to the club, but I didn't take home a single cent.  (Part of that was losing my shoes and then falling down and being too hurt to move much.)  The next day, I made roughly half what I make on a normal night.  Last night I made a little last than the day before.

Such is life.  I'm tired.  Bought myself a book by Tanya Huff.  (Smoke and Mirrors.  A favorite.)  Gonna sit quietly and read.  Don't have energy to do much of anything else.

Been working on book stuff, too.  So far I've got... never mind.  I don't know how many pages I've got.  Just a lot.  Been typing like a mad person.

Yet more of the tiredness.  Still, life is good. :)

1 comment:

  1. A fellow stripper! I can always recognize other strippers during the summer. You just look at their legs and see the bruises.

    ReplyDelete